Flexo Plate Mounting Equipment

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo prepress environment.

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Flexo Plate Mounting Equipment

Postby mattg1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

We're getting ready to replace our plate mounting equipment and I'm looking for recommendations on what the best, most accurate and efficient machines are out there. We are mounting plates up to 16" wide and repeats up to 19.5".
mattg1

Re: Flexo Plate Mounting Equipment

Postby dkelley » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:46 am

We are using a Mark Andy VPM400 and are very happy with the mounter, It's easy to use and mounts plates correctly the first time
dkelley

Postby flexo.uk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 am

I also use a Mark Andy plate mounter. They are very easy to use and accurate. If you like I could send you the contact details for someone at Mark Andy that could help you further.
flexo.uk

Postby Labelcowboy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Hey UK................JM HEAFORD COBRA (out of England) ......it is more expensive than alot of mounters but i feel its the most accurate of the ones ive used including the Mark Andy mounter which i agree with other posts about it being a quality piece of equipment.
Happy Hunting.
Labelcowboy

Postby flexo.uk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Ahhh, the Heaford. They do have a very good reputation. Very solid bit of kit which is good in a plate mounter. I see there are even fully automatic mounters out there!
flexo.uk

Postby gricey » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Matt.
I have used the heaford viper,it is very good but the best i've ever used is the new microflex from du-pont.it's very accurate and fully automatic making mounting very simple.Not sure of the price range though.
gricey

Postby Jeppev » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:07 am

Rather old topic, but there are some easy-to-use solutions in the market. Take a look at this video showing a plate mounter from Echo Graphic (http://www.echographic.com):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZcuwVHBP8
Jeppev

Postby timm53 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Heaford have a new plate mounter which is out of this world for quick and acurate mounting.
The machine is a Heaford TT Cobra FTS 700. and costs $36000 Australian dollars.
I saw this at a print show in Australia and it will save quite alot of mounting time and is eliminates inacurate mounting.
www.jmheaford.co.uk

Thanks
Timm
timm53

Postby ndevlin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am

The FAMM from AV is staggering in quickeness and acurate to fractions of a millimeter. It is an expensive piece of equipment but the results have been very good especially when mounting plates 1700mm wide. It can also do all sorts of things like lanes and promo sash add ons in a differant width. Not sure how small they go down too but if you need it right first time to a low tolerance and you can afford the outlay then its well worth it.

Neil
ndevlin

Postby okesgin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:24 am

I am now using Bieffibi. Not bad, especially press cylinder is useful...
okesgin

Postby tonick60 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:14 pm

ndevlin,

The FAMM is the Aston Martin of plate mounters. It is definitely a piece of equipment that can bring a company to the next level but the VPM400 is the Toyota that everyone will be happy with having without breaking the bank. The FAMM is a hard sell in the narrow web market since Mark Andy has been able to produce a mounter that is user friendly and extremely accurate at a fraction of the cost of the FAMM.
tonick60

Return to Prepress