Esko HDFlexo screening vs SambaFlex

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo prepress environment.

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Esko HDFlexo screening vs SambaFlex

Postby CS-Prepress » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello, I'm starting up a prepress department for a existing packaging company (WideWeb flexo printing on Extruded Film). We have been since the beginning outsourcing our prepress to different tradeshops, now we want it in house. We've already bought Esko's HDFlexo screening and so far are happy with it. Our tradeshop sometimes uses SambaFlex screening. I talked with Esko on this, and feel we don't need SambaFlex since we can use HDFlexo screening on everything.
I can see for a tradeshop that SambaFlex screening can be a advantage with RIP times, but for us, timing isn't a issue.
I'd like to know any of you other prepress technicians if you know of any reason I should still consider SambaFlex.
I look forward to your input.
thanks,
Tom
CS-Prepress

Re: Esko HDFlexo screening vs SambaFlex

Postby richflexo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:22 pm

We use both, Samba and HD screening. For HD, C56 for narrow and C36 for wide. When using samba we usually apply it to the black only and end it at 1% (bump of course). It really should be dependant on your press. Sometimes samba just doesn't work due to poor anilox selection.
richflexo

Re: Esko HDFlexo screening vs SambaFlex

Postby micro » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Sambaflex screenihg give better results in highlights then HD and looks more naturaly.
micro

Return to Prepress