Controlling Flexo HD Screen

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo prepress environment.

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Controlling Flexo HD Screen

Postby prepressrookie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:26 pm

I'm new to this forum, was looking into if it is possible to control the micron size of the HD dot, support dot, or the point where HD kicks in outside of the preset settings provided by ESKO. We are having problems with our vignettes fading to zero. We use a thermal developed plate and mainly print on uncoated stocks, and know part of the issue is due to that. We want do everything we can in prepress to ensure we are producing a quality pate for our presses before we insist that the issue is due to pressroom issues/operator error. We also had a fingerprint with our plate manufacture a little over a year ago and we still use the suggested curve and HD settings from our fingerprint. Our screens are set up through ESKO HD Flexo Screens 12.1 and not too familiar with this software. Any insight and our guidance would be appreciated.
prepressrookie

Re: Controlling Flexo HD Screen

Postby Starbender » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:20 am

prepressrookie wrote:I'm new to this forum, was looking into if it is possible to control the micron size of the HD dot, support dot, or the point where HD kicks in outside of the preset settings provided by ESKO

You don't have any other option other than provided Esko HD screen sets. If you are using Dupont plate it has different pixel size for transition point, but Flint and other manufacturers presets have also different pixel sizes. Check that first.

Other than screen sets in HD Flexo screens, only option is Esko Screen Manager. You can create your own dotshape with this. You can define transition points, dance effects, highlights and shadows hybrid transitions. You can create print templates within the application too.
Important thing is, you have to watch 0-255 gray step levels while creating your own screens.
Starbender

Postby prepressrookie » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:54 am

Starbender,

Ok that's what I figured. We have tested Esko Preset HD settings and haven't found something we are truly happy with.

Looks like we will have to try Esko Screen Manager to create your own dotshape, define transition points, dance effects, highlights and shadows hybrid transitions. Can you help me out with understanding how to use those functions to create the highlight we want or possibly led me to a manual that will help me understand the functions so I can make the adjustments and understand what i'm doing?
prepressrookie

Postby Starbender » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:22 am

If you have Esko Installation DVD's check DOC DVD or manuals folders. There must be a folder named screenmanager.
If you stuck somewhere, I'll try to explain within my knowledge and experience..

Good luck

Sb
Starbender

Postby prepressrookie » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:03 pm

SB,

Sounds good thank you very much I really appreciate it!
prepressrookie

Return to Prepress