Pre-Press Questions

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo prepress environment.

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Pre-Press Questions

Postby inkydude » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi all,

I am new to the pre-press world. looking for some guidance and advice. my questions are as follows.

1. We have a CDI machine. The current screen set is "HD FLEXO C25", i understand that the "C" means circular, what does the "25" mean?

2. Is fade-to-zero possible? If so what are the recommended steps needed to reach there?

3. What list of software and/or hardware is recommended for a pre-press department to have?
inkydude

Re: Pre-Press Questions

Postby richflexo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Hello,

1) The 25 refers to the pixel size of the circular dot you are using. If you are using ESKO workflow, check your tifs or len files and zoom into an area with 1% dots and go in as far as you can until you see the grid marks and count how many pixels make up that 1% dot. It should match your C25, you should see a dot made out of 25 pixels. If it doesn't, check what resolution you are using, either 2400, 2540 or 4000.

2) Check your DGC and see what your curve is set to, it should have a minimum dot value. Don't forget to account for your washout and the bump required to compensate for that. IE, we bump to 3% for 1% dots.

3) I posted this to UGLY Flexo last year of an optimal prepress department list. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1832
richflexo

Return to Prepress