Flexo HD vs. Flexo Full HD

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo prepress environment.

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Flexo HD vs. Flexo Full HD

Postby FlexoNotBender » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi all,

First off I'd like to say a big thank you to Frank Burgos and all the contributors to the Flexo forum. As a "noob" in the world of Flexo I have found Flexo Exchange and the discussions to be a tremendous learning resource. As time goes by I hope that we are all able to enjoy even more topics discussed and continue learning about a subject that doesn't seem to have a finish line anywhere in sight.

My question is about a short mention of "Flexo HD and Flexo Full HD" that I encountered in a video about Equiox spot color matching by Esko. I think I understand Flexo HD, printing with a plate that has been produced to have flat top dots, reducing dot gain issues and resulting in a higher quality final print than traditional round top dots. Correct? What, then, is FULL HD?

I would very much appreciate any corrections or additions to my stab at HD Flexo and if anyone can help me understand what separates the two terms. Thanks so much!

David
FlexoNotBender

Re: Flexo HD vs. Flexo Full HD

Postby richflexo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:36 pm

It just comes down to the ESKO work flow that they encourage us to use. They want you to control the UV exposure using their CDI with the LED lamps, rather than using someone elses exposure unit.
richflexo

Re: Flexo HD vs. Flexo Full HD

Postby FlexoNotBender » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks for the response!
FlexoNotBender

Return to Prepress