Print registration issues for Poly Clear on PET23 liner

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Print registration issues for Poly Clear on PET23 liner

Postby FJC » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 am

HI All,

I have an 8 colour FB3300 servo driven press with Hot air dryers and UV lamps combined with chill drum rollers.

When I run Semi Gloss material on a glassine liner I can hold register on all stations - the last few stations dance around a bit, but in general its manageable.

However, when we run Polyprop clear top sheet on a PET23 liner we have major issues.

At set up speed of 17m a min we are ok, but the second you increase the speed the registration moves off - its not sideways (left to right across the web), but on the repeat only. Its almost as if the rewind is pulling the material too quickly for the press to cope.

We have played around with the tension settings and the lower the tension the worse the problem becomes.

Has any one experienced this sort of problem before? If so, how was it rectified? If it was a tension issue, what settings did you use?

The face stock is Ritrama Clear Poly, Acrylic adhesive, PET23 liner. We run on UV.
FJC

Re: Print registration issues for Poly Clear on PET23 liner

Postby longtimefan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Nip points set ok?

I suspect it's tension related, but could the sleeves be spinning?

What about impression settings?
longtimefan

Postby RollerGuy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:19 am

Are your chill drums operating as they should? When ours go over optimal temp, the stock begins to stretch, ever so slightly, and throws registration off.
RollerGuy

Postby Carbon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 am

Hi,

On the tension control panel should be two settings. Film or Label. Select film. also try to set tension infeed command 055.0, Pacing command at 065.0 and exit command 1400. Nip rollers have to be clean and nipping properly. Digging deeper you can check linkage (coupling) between servo and impression cylinders plus anvils. They sometimes work themselves loose.

hope it helps.
Carbon

Return to Pressroom