Do you have bids?
gde_sega

Re: Want to buy Ci flexo printing machine

Postby longtimefan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 am

No.. Its just the best out there...
longtimefan

Postby Frank Burgos » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 am

I can't say how it compares, and I have been around and operated W&H, Uteco, Carint, Comexi, Kidder, Wolverine, and a few of others, over the past 39 years. Geared and gear-less presses. Old and new. I'll say nothing about the others, but what I can say about the Flexotechnica is that I have a client with one in the neighborhood of 50 inches. I have watched that thing run 8-color jobs at 1168 fpm, with no bounce and holding perfect registration. Impression was excellent. The press runs smoothly. 4-color process work, no problem.

I can't speak to anything else about it, including service, etc. I just thought I'd share the above.
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Postby longtimefan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Frank Burgos wrote:I can't say how it compares, and I have been around and operated W&H, Uteco, Carint, Comexi, Kidder, Wolverine, and a few of others, over the past 39 years. Geared and gear-less presses. Old and new. I'll say nothing about the others, but what I can say about the Flexotechnica is that I have a client with one in the neighborhood of 50 inches. I have watched that thing run 8-color jobs at 1168 fpm, with no bounce and holding perfect registration. Impression was excellent. The press runs smoothly. 4-color process work, no problem.

I can't speak to anything else about it, including service, etc. I just thought I'd share the above.

Frank,

I have ran pcmc vision, uteco, comexi.

The Flexotechnica (kba) is by far head and shoulders above..

I have ran 10 colors at 1200 fpm, and you are correct.. Reg is so good.

There are a few things I wish they change.

The wieght of the chambered blades.. Going from deck 1 or 10 on down can be a pain..

The way the blades are put together, can be frustrating. Much easier to change in press.

The software is very user friendly..

The older models for the ink units (speedy clean) have 5he control panel right on the units.. New ones are at the main control which is really less efficient.. But it is much cheaper that way.. I belive it is an option you can upgrade to.

The two I ran, the rewind and unwind were from Martin.. So can't talk about Flexotechnica own winds.

There can be a language barrier with tech support, If you have to deal with Italy.. but once you can get past that, their service is very good. There are techs out there, but prob have a long wait list..

I compared the comexi to the technicha as a Datsun to a Lamborghini..
longtimefan

Return to Pressroom