Doctor blade seal trial

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Doctor blade seal trial

Postby Dave McNamara » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

We are UK manufacturers of the SureFlex range of doctor blade seals and are currently in the process of developing a new seal from a foam based material which is intended to be a premium product offering longer than average lifespan. We are looking for flexo printers who would be interested in testing this new seal in return for completing a feedback form. The form will be used to gather (confidential) key information (such as press speed, blade type, solvents used, metres run etc etc) to enable us to accurately evaluate performance against other seals in our range. In order for us to get as clear a picture as possible (and of course to keep costs down) we would like to limit the number of presses which we provide trial seals for, to the following: W&H (Primaflex, Astraflex, Miraflex and Novoflex), Comexi (models to be confirmed), Flexotecnica (NG and XG series and Prisma) and Uteco (models to be confirmed). We will provide between 10 and 20 samples for testing and would ask anyone interested in taking part in the trial to contact me directly at dave@advancedsupplies.co.uk. Please indicate which country you are in and provide brief details of your press along it's age and typical running speed. At this stage we are limiting the trial to solvent based inks and all anilox's must have deadbands. We would like to complete all testing by the end of November 2011. Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to hearing from you.
Dave McNamara

Return to Pressroom