Custom Work Order Building and Scheduling Tools

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Custom Work Order Building and Scheduling Tools

Postby Frank Burgos » Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 am

Hey guys,

I uploaded two videos on Ugly Flexo yesterday. They are videos 1 and 2 of what will probably be a longer series. They are geared more to supervisors, managers, production controllers, and company owners, but all are welcome. Some level of proficiency in Excel, if not in Access, will be helpful.

In these videos, I start from zero and create tools in MS Excel and MS Access that spit out work order records onto Excel worksheets. I have found over many years that, for efficient scheduling of hundreds of live work orders and multiple machines, there is no substitute. No MRP system is as flexible, powerful and customizable. Period. In fact, I have created multiple systems that tap in data exported from MRP or ERP systems because of the limitations of the latter two.

I'll probably build on these tools until the system looks like a software program, rather than continuing to work internally in Access. I also want to show you how to write some cool macros in Excel, so you can power-up your existing Excel tools. I'll show you what I think is some pretty cool stuff. However, it's gonna take more than two videos.

Feel free with questions or suggestions. Have a great day!

Frank

Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Return to Pressroom