Ink consistency in a non-climate controlled shop

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Ink consistency in a non-climate controlled shop

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Any tips? I'm still pretty new to printing. Only about 10 months in a press. I'm running a Mark Andy 2200. I'm also in New England so this time of year can get pretty damn humid or just straight up hot as hell. I've heard check PH in inks but no one at my shop users them. They've all been doing this so long they know by sight. But I'm not that good. And now that the winter is gone the weather is going to be playing a huge factor in this shop.

Please any tips for helping ink throughout a run will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Peter

Re: Ink consistency in a non-climate controlled shop

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:37 pm

I was actually thinking of getting ph strips to make things easier if you guys think that I should.
Peter

Postby Fuzz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:05 am

pH strips won't work as they will get full of ink. A hand held pH meter is not that expensive. You will also need some calibration fluid.
Fuzz

Postby inkman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:39 am

Go to the search area of this forum and type "pH viscosity" and then read the articles that are titled with some form of ink maintenance. Everything you need to know about ink maintenance is available on this forum and in this web site. Technicians with your ink supplier will usually bend over backwards to help you properly work with their ink.
inkman

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Awesome, I'll take a look at that section of this website later tonight.
Peter

Return to Pressroom