Continuous Plate

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Continuous Plate

Postby FlexoNoob » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:46 am

Hi,

A customer has asked for a continuous solid colour with white out text. We normally just flood coat the solid using a tinting sleeve. But now the customer has asked for white out text. We tried a standard flexo plate but of course the join would show on the image. It's almost as if I need a tint sleeve with the text cut out of it. Is there such a thing? Or is there such a thing as a solid plate that can be put on a sleeve roller perhaps?
I'm fairly new to Flexo Printing. I've been doing it for only a year after 12 years of Litho. The trouble is, I'm the sole operator of the company's Flexo Press and I haven't had a great deal of training so I've been having to figure stuff out as I go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
FlexoNoob

Re: Continuous Plate

Postby george3636 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:58 am

Hi There, This plate would be called a reverse out some of company's that make this type plate with a sleeve are Carey Color 330-239-1835. Also you can order reverse out plate from your vendor and make the cut yourself please view article on flexo exchange titled HOW TO MAKE PRECISE FLEXO PLATE END BUTT-JOINTS FOR CONTINUOUS IMAGES. I hope this helps.
george3636

Postby dkelley » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:38 am

What your looking for is called a seamless plate. Another vendor that can produce this is OEC Graphics just google them.
With any seamless plate you will most likely need a special cylinder with a special BCD (bare cylinder diameter)
The sleeves are slid onto the cylinder using compressed air.
dkelley

Postby richflexo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:00 am

There are a few companies that can do this for you. The tech is called ITR or In The Round and it can be expensive so i'd shop around if you can. Some places will rip you off and charge you $1.00 a square inch plus production time which can be $85-100/hour and then there is shipping on top of all that.

SGS
Cyber Graphics
Dupont <-- If you buy direct already
MacDermid <-- If you buy direct already
richflexo

Postby longtimefan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:44 pm

We used oec and cyber and sgs..

Cyber is better and less expensive for us... And yes they are caller itr sleeves..

Can have the hardness to your liking
longtimefan

Return to Pressroom