Laminated material storage

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Laminated material storage

Postby barb » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Not really a print issue but I'll try and ask anyway.. How do you guys keep your laminated stuff in storage for curing?

We currently have a system where we always laminate on core much wider than the material, and afterwards we put two more cores vertically and then stack the reel on them but since we have an overall increase in production it started to take way much space..

Any help is appreciated.
barb

Re: Laminated material storage

Postby RollerGuy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:22 am

Can you elaborate on the purpose of doing this? Curing adhesive, roll integrity, etc?
RollerGuy

Postby barb » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 am

Curing adhesive mostly and preventing from any possible deformation after lamination.

From what I understand most of the laminated films must 'sit' at least 24 hours before next layer of lamination or before cutting and that the best way would be to have laminated rolls 'hanging' rather than stack them on flat surface?
barb

Postby longtimefan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:55 pm

A rack system..

I can't explain it properly... But we used to to hang 4 rolls of laminated 41 inch wide polyester to paper or poly. 2000 pounds. Maybe?

It was a frame of steel rectangular tubing.. Welded together.

I can't upload a file..of a picture I drew...

But..

Think of a 4 of these as your corners.. Maybe 8 feet high..

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0368/ ... 1452298597

Then cross beams to add stability..

A box structure in a sense... 4 corner poles... Think of a H, with cross piece closer to the floor and one in middle

Then you need to have a steel rod go thru your rolls of laminated rolls.. That rod will have to sit on the cross beams.. So your rolls will be suspended and their wieght resting on the steel rod say very bottom some sort of tubing again to accommodate a fork truck forks..

We could fit 4 rolls in these racks..

I can send a drawing if u give me email, or text it to u
longtimefan

Return to Pressroom