can i print 4 full color job on a servo driven 2 color flexo

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

can i print 4 full color job on a servo driven 2 color flexo

Postby mansourashour » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 am

can i print 4 full color job on a servo driven 2 color flexo machine ?? by printing the first two colors then putting the reel again for the next two colors ??

i think this can be applicable if i have a register reader also before the first color , so that when applying the third and forth color the register detector can read the register and tell the servomotor where to start from , and this closed cycle should be done all over the print !

will the material slight elongation after the first two color printing stops this from the ability of happening ??

please help with your experiences and advises
mansourashour

Re: can i print 4 full color job on a servo driven 2 color f

Postby richflexo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:54 pm

What kind of substrate are you printing on? You will have to deal with tension control like you said. It is not advisable to be honest. Sorry.

I've seen people try to print a varnish on an 8 colour press but the 9th colour is a varnish and registration never works. They'd print 8 colours, rewind it and then put it through again, it's a nightmare and a big waste of time!
richflexo

Postby Frank Burgos » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:39 am

mansourashour,

Assuming your machine can do it, registration may still be a challenge. If you mean 4-color process work, I would say no.

If you the job does not include tight registration, you may be able to do this, but it may be wasteful. At the very least, you may lose a lot of material due to press stops and starts and feeding that back through the press. That could be a nightmare.
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Postby TexMaintMan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Servo Technologies has a very good infeed tension/Re-register unit. Check them out.
TexMaintMan

Postby mansourashour » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:00 am

richflexo wrote:What kind of substrate are you printing on? You will have to deal with tension control like you said. It is not advisable to be honest. Sorry.

I've seen people try to print a varnish on an 8 colour press but the 9th colour is a varnish and registration never works. They'd print 8 colours, rewind it and then put it through again, it's a nightmare and a big waste of time!

hello , thanks everyone for answering , i am printing on hard aluminum foil 20 microns for pharma blister

will this material be not elongated after the first run ??

i am now printing on a solvent base BHS 2 color 1989 machine where the two colors are adjusted via a register cylinder which just moves forward and backward between the two colors , in my machine case its impossible to adjust the four color job

we are studying upgrading to a 2 color direct drive servo driven machine and we are wondering will this upgrade give us the availability of doing a 4 color job on the 2 color machine ?? our assumption is made from the closed loop which should happen between the register reader and the direct drive motor which runs each printing unit separately ( in case a register reader is also installed before the first color ) does the new machines adjust colors just by a moving register cylinder between colors ? or the direct drive servo adjust the colors by its rotating speeds ?

sorry for my poor unorganized English :)
mansourashour

Postby Frank Burgos » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am

Hi mansourashour,

The machine manufacturer should be able to tell you what the machine can do.
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Return to Pressroom