PIC rewinder PLC program

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

PIC rewinder PLC program

Postby Injinnius » Thu May 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Okay, folks, this is a longshot.
Customer has a PIC rewinder, model 1110. The PLC battery failed. We've replaced the battery, but the PLC shows a programming error. Apparently it lost some of the program when the battery was lost.
But PIC isn't around anymore, so we can't simply call and get a copy of the program.
The only way I see to restore the program is to find someone who has an identical rewinder, upload the program from that PLC, and download to this unit.
Of course, that requires the right software and cable, and the other unit would have to be in the southwest U.S. ... otherwise the cost would exceed the unit's worth.

If anybody has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

(This refreshes my plan, once upon a time, to convince my customers to have me create backups of all of their PLCs in their machines ... just in case!)

Thanks.
Tim
Injinnius

Re: PIC rewinder PLC program

Postby longtimefan » Fri May 03, 2019 11:33 am

Sometimes you can luck out and find an electrician that has dealt with this type of drives.. I have no clue who to call however
longtimefan

Postby Frank Burgos » Fri May 03, 2019 11:42 am

I agree with longtimefan. There are electricians out, some not even in the industry, that understand drives and can troubleshoot and even replace your existing drives.
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Postby Fuzz » Mon May 06, 2019 12:25 pm

I have a machine that is not a PIC but the same thing has happened. I don't know what the drives are like in the PIC. In ours I had to do some wire jumping then a calibration procedure to go through. Not sure this will help you but, I have these instructions. If you want to take a look at them, PM me your email and I'll fire them off to you.
Fuzz

Postby Injinnius » Mon May 06, 2019 9:59 pm

I appreciate the responses. Shortly after posting this I saw a listing for the exact same model of rewinder on eBay ... "for parts only. Mitsubishi PLC needs to be reprogrammed."
I'm afraid that's the fate for my customer.
Note that this is not the drive. It's the programmable controller that runs the machine which has lost its program.
Injinnius

Postby Frank Burgos » Tue May 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi Folks,

I don't know if this applies, but I just discovered the below on LinkedIn. It may be helpful to note, anyway.

.Kyle James
Kyle James
• 2nd
Maintenance/Sales Representative at PRECISION ELECTRONICS INC
1d • American Flexographic Institute
Here at Precision Electronics we help specialized large format printers by repairing these Bell-Mark EY 1260 and 1059 circuit boards and EasyPrint S32 controls, as well as drives from manufacturers like GE, Fincor, Seco, Eurotherm, SSD, Reliance and Yaskawa.

Let me know if you need help repairing your similar items. (828) 327-2148
[email protected]
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Return to Pressroom