Welcome Back

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Welcome Back

Postby J » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:15 am

Hello everyone.

It has been awhile since I have been to this site as I have been out of the printing industry for quite some time. During my time out of the printing industry, I have been involved in many other industrial areas. Being involved in these other industries as well as the printing industry, I have come to see a need for a quicker way to source and locate products or services for the manufacturing industry. I have created http://www.vanderquotes.com which is an entirely new online quoting system and the way it works is very unique to the site.

Basically the way it works is suppliers register to the site into specific categories. Examples can be printing, machining, fabrication, bearing suppliers etc. Yes, printing is a category as buyers would search the site for a company to do some printing for them. Anything and everything anyone would need in an industrial atmosphere is available to search for on vanderquotes.com. Buyers visit find what they need and send their RFQ (Request For Quotation) in 4 simple steps.

1 - A buyer selects the category they would like to search in (fasteners, hydraulic fittings, gears, linear motion etc. etc. etc.)

2 - Next they select a location they would like to find a supplier in from the list of cities available.

3 - Then a list of suppliers in the chosen category and in the area(s) they selected is shown

4 - CAD files or documents relating to their request are uploaded and sent automatically to each supplier in the list simultaneously as an RFQ.

No more time spent searching individual suppliers and sending individual RFQ's!

I just thought I'd tell you guys about it because I remember when I was on this site all the time, a lot of people were looking for parts or services. Take a tour if you have a few spare minutes:

http://www.vanderquotes.com
username: guest
password: guest
J

Return to Pressroom