ink adhesion

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

aln76

ink adhesion

Post by aln76 »

can anyone give me a web page for uv ink adhesion on Semi gloss material. we are having issues with it passing tape test. but from what i recall tape testing SG material will always result in a failure due to test destroying substrate.
csn7203

Re: ink adhesion

Post by csn7203 »

My company has been down this road as well. It is frustrating. With that being said we finally decided if we are tearing the material resulting in material fibers seen on the tape we are passing. I know this isnt what you are asking for but hope it helps in some way or another.
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

Call your ink rep?

See what they say
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Hi
WE HAD THIS ISSUE ON SILKSCREEN WHAT WE FOUND THE INK WASNT FULLY CURED.WE WHERE USING DENSE BLACK SOLID WITH A HEAVY LAYDOWN .
ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT GETTING MIGRATION FROM THE PHOTOINITATOR.TRY TO HIT THE PAPER WITH THE TREATER MIGHT OPEN THE POURS.
Gorilla Printer

Post by Gorilla Printer »

aln76 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:16 am can anyone give me a web page for uv ink adhesion on Semi gloss material. we are having issues with it passing tape test. but from what i recall tape testing SG material will always result in a failure due to test destroying substrate.
This might not be relevant ,but worth asking ? We have a product that cures over time when treated.Practically all ink will come off if on an initial tape test.Have you tried tape testing 24 hours later. Because that's when ours passes our 80% adhesion tape test threshold?