Tactile Lacquer

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

PrintBandit

Tactile Lacquer

Post by PrintBandit »

Evening all,

For the last few months we seem to be struggling to print solvent based Tactile Lacquers, has anyone ever experienced rapid rises in viscosity while running jobs? Up from 30 seconds to well over 50/60 seconds within minutes.

Almost seems as if the solvent is being “stolen” while it runs, only thing we seemingly haven’t tried is a brand new 300/18 anilox (due Friday) which I’m hoping is the cure, but I thought I’d reach out in lieu of another disappointing shift in case someone’s unfortunate enough to experienced the same issue.

We’ve printed using Sun Chemicals ink for years with great success but something’s off at the minute.

Appreciate any suggestions, we’ve tried no end of things but very open to ideas!

Thanks
guy de cafmeyer

Re: Tactile Lacquer

Post by guy de cafmeyer »

Try using a channel cell anilox , I know that Pamarco specifically make aniloxes for tactile varnish applications ...
PrintBandit

Re: Tactile Lacquer

Post by PrintBandit »

We actually ended up running an “old” 20 vol GMX engraving from Sandon, this was apparently bought in as a specific engraving for Tactile but we’d dropped the volume over the years as part of cost saving and customer expectations.

Worked fine for years on an 18vol elongated cell though, strange how it’s just stopped working all of a sudden*

Hopefully we’ve cracked it we just need to repeat the results on the next run, thanks for the suggestion though a colleague was contacted by Pamarco a while back so might have a chat with them

*all of a sudden is a stretch, probably been around 10months