Seeking Guidance on Eyemarks and Water-Based Flexo Inks

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

masha_diana

Seeking Guidance on Eyemarks and Water-Based Flexo Inks

Post by masha_diana »

I'm fairly new to the world of flexographic printing, and I'm facing an issue related to eyemarks and water-based flexo inks. Specifically, I've noticed that when printing with water-based inks, the eyemarks on my packaging materials aren't lining up accurately.

I'm wondering if any experienced flexo printers out there have encountered similar problems and have found effective solutions. How can I ensure that the eyemarks align properly when using water-based inks?
Thank You.,
ehall pass
Last edited by masha_diana on Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Re: Seeking Guidance on Eyemarks and Water-Based Flexo Inks

Post by Frank Burgos »

I have doubts that water-based ink is causing your problem. Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? Are you having color-to-color registration issues? Are you printing an eye-mark on top of another eye-mark for registration?
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

Frank Burgos wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:38 am I have doubts that water-based ink is causing your problem. Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? Are you having color-to-color registration issues? Are you printing an eye-mark on top of another eye-mark for registration?
I agree, it isn’t the ink

Are your heats high?
Tensions ok?
Is it a servo driven for cylinders/sleeves? Or aniloxes have a clutch? Clutch worn out?
Nip on drum good?
Gorilla Printer

Post by Gorilla Printer »

Frank Burgos wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:38 am I have doubts that water-based ink is causing your problem. Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? Are you having color-to-color registration issues? Are you printing an eye-mark on top of another eye-mark for registration?
Thanks for that, I'm confused as well, Lol
Too much detail is way better than not enough!