Tips/Tricks - Flexographic Mastery.

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Gorilla Printer

Re: Tips/Tricks - Flexographic Mastery.

Post by Gorilla Printer »

Who would have thought? I have always had trouble setting primer, even at speed. It dries too quickly on the plate. Low and behold, I turned station heaters off and Primer behaves like ink.
Have also experimented with setting each colour separately without using the first laydown of white as the background. I'm sold.
Gorilla Printer

Try this one.
Regardless if you are doing a full wash or rinse and swap. Have your anilox running 2 minutes tops. Also have the flow on full. You can always leave the station rinsing as is. Also leave the viscosity unit on manual if rinse is for a long time, this gives it a good clean as well.

Watch your aniloxes and chambers come out looking cleaner, needing way less work. From working smarter not harder

Don't forget to turn the flow back down when inking back up

If you've never tried this before , I'd like to hear your feedback
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

Gorilla Printer wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:51 pm Try this one.
Regardless if you are doing a full wash or rinse and swap. Have your anilox running 2 minutes tops. Also have the flow on full. You can always leave the station rinsing as is. Also leave the viscosity unit on manual if rinse is for a long time, this gives it a good clean as well.

Watch your aniloxes and chambers come out looking cleaner, needing way less work. From working smarter not harder

Don't forget to turn the flow back down when inking back up

If you've never tried this before , I'd like to hear your feedback
In an auto wash up? Or solvent in a pump?
Gorilla Printer

longtimefan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:29 pm
Could you please clarify? I don't work on a press that uses autowash up. My understanding with autowash up presses is flows are set by manufacturer. They have no taps to adjust. Well, that's what how our auto wash press next door is configured?
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

Gorilla Printer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:50 pm
longtimefan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:29 pm
Could you please clarify? I don't work on a press that uses autowash up. My understanding with autowash up presses is flows are set by manufacturer. They have no taps to adjust. Well, that's what how our auto wash press next door is configured?

Pumps hooked up to ink pumps and when you hit a button for wash it will take solvent from a designated tote and use that tote to wash up with solvent
Gorilla Printer

longtimefan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:29 pm Pumps hooked up to ink pumps and when you hit a button for wash it will take solvent from a designated tote and use that tote to wash up with solvent
Nah,I'm not talking about an auto wash system doesn't it turn aniloxes on and off itself?
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

Gorilla Printer wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:43 am
longtimefan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:29 pm Pumps hooked up to ink pumps and when you hit a button for wash it will take solvent from a designated tote and use that tote to wash up with solvent
Nah,I'm not talking about an auto wash system doesn't it turn aniloxes on and off itself?
Yes they go on by themselves. No flow to adjust either
just Andy

Post by just Andy »

Sometimes when we need to pump up a pot of solvent (E.g. testing a pump or something), you can put a dirty anilox in. Then take a sponge/rag/brush. And while the anilox is rotating with solvent, you can clean it. It's basically like submerging the anilox in solvent.

Of course this is time consuming and uses press time. But if there is time to do it, we just call it a "free wash".